No available subscription pools -- First time subscribing using a RHEL WS self-supported account

Latest response

Greetings of the day,

This is my first time using RHEL WS 7.3. I have paid for a self-supported license and installed it atop a dual Xeon E5-2660 with a BIOS RAID 1+0 configuration. Before I get into the problem: I have googled this for 3 days. I have RTFM, chapter 6. and am stuck on step 2 "subscription-manager list --available". I have verified that the date and time are correct. I have verified using lscpu that my system information is accurate. I have attempted to assign it a pool manually using the master pool ID that I have located on access.redhat.com/management. And now I am at an impasse.

I have also re-installed three times and downloaded the 4 GB RHEL WS 7.3 image three times and double checked file integrity when making the USB bootable in Rufus with a DD image from ISO provided at the official RHEL download source.

The issue is -- my RHEL installation seems to not want to take my subscription at all. I re-registered using --force. It connects to the RH subscription server, interrogates my credentials and SUCCESSFULLY registers the system. But it sees no available subscriptions for me after all of the aforementioned steps.

I am completely out of troubleshooting avenues here, please bail me out.

Thank you in advance,
Tom

Responses