Red hat Linux installing on different host under same network.

Latest response

Hello everyone, recently I have installed red hat on two machine one is on Mac and another is on Windows 10.

First I did the installation on Mac on Virtual box. While installing, it asked to create password for root and a user id. So I created a password for root and created a user id "ladmin".

On the Mac everything is working fine.

Next I installed the Linux OS on Windows 10 on VM ware virtual machine (both are under same network). When installing I am not sure what happen but it directly installed without giving me the option to create password for root. So the installation is done and I am at the stage where it asked for the local host Login: on terminal. Initially I wasn't sure what I need to type in there because I do not know the root password or I haven't created any user. I am not sure if there is any default root password.

So I started to play around and found that ladmin that I created on my Mac is working here. I was surprised to see it because I haven't created any user when installing on windows. So I tried the root with same password that I created in Mac host system but it did not worked.

Can you please let me know how did Linux operating system that I installed in windows able to recognize the ladmin user that I created on Mac host machine ? (is it because its under same network ?)

Should I need to reset the root password for the Linux OS that I installed on windows machine ?

Any help I really appreciate it.

Responses