Kerberized NFS home directory mount

Latest response

Pretty much just a copy and paste from redhat support because they couldn't help.
I'm having a problem upgrading from Redhat 6.3 Enterprise Linux Desktop to Redhat 7.1 Linux Desktop in the fact that my kerberized nfs mounting of my homedirectory is failing. It claims in /var/log/messages that the server denied access but nothing has changed on the configuration side.

What problem/issue/behavior are you having trouble with? What do you expect to see?

Automount is unable to mount home directories on user login. In /var/log/secure messages such as "TGT failed verification using keytab and key for 'host/ne102630l.eng.utoledo.edu@ENG.UTOLEDO.EDU': Generic error (see e-text)" and in /var/log/messages "Sep 17 09:43:16 ne102630l rpc.gssd[2819]: ERROR: gssd_refresh_krb5_machine_credential: no usable keytab entry found in keytab /etc/krb5.keytab for connection with host homedir.eng.utoledo.edu
Sep 17 09:43:16 ne102630l rpc.gssd[2819]: ERROR: No credentials found for connection to server homedir.eng.utoledo.edu". I saw an error in /var/log/messages that said RPC on homedir requires stronger authentication but I am not sure what to do about that.

Where are you experiencing the behavior? What environment?

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 7.1 (fully updated) on a DELL Optiplex 9020 (Intel i7 4790)

When does the behavior occur? Frequently? Repeatedly? At certain times?

On user login the home directories are not being mounted correctly.

Attachments

Responses