Switchyard Reference with Multiple JMS Bindings: How to Endpoint it

Latest response

Howdy!

Using ye ol venerable and most excellent switchyard-quickstart-rules-camel-cdr and setting up a Routing Drools rule to access a reference service of type JMS which has 2+ defined binding gateways:

<sca:reference name="MAPSOutboundService" multiplicity="0..1">
      <sca:interface.java interface="org.switchyard.quickstarts.rules.camel.cbr.ProcessMessageService"/>
      <jms:binding.jms name="MCI_CTL">
        <jms:topic>MCI_CTL</jms:topic>
        <jms:connectionFactory>#MAPSTS1ConnectionFactory</jms:connectionFactory>
      </jms:binding.jms>
      <jms:binding.jms name="SMM_STAT">
        <jms:topic>SMM_STAT</jms:topic>
      </jms:binding.jms>
    </sca:reference>

When I compile and deploy, I see:

17:12:05,668 INFO  [org.switchyard.common.camel.SwitchYardCamelContext] (MSC service thread 1-3) Route: direct:{urn:org.switchyard.quickstarts.rules.camel.cbr:1.0}RoutingService/MAPSOutboundBindingService started and consuming from: Endpoint[direct://%7Burn:org.switchyard.quickstarts.rules.camel.cbr:1.0%7DRoutingService/MAPSOutboundBindingService]

And when I invoke the rule, which is defined as:

rule "MAPS Wrapper Bindings Outbound"
    when
        $facadeMessage : IFacadeMessage(msgID matches "001XXX-.*")
    then
        $facadeMessage.setDestination("switchyard://MAPSOutboundService@SMM_STAT");
end

The result is:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: SWITCHYARD033900: No ServiceReference was found for uri [switchyard://MAPSOutboundBindingService@SMM_STAT]
        at org.switchyard.component.camel.SwitchYardProducer.lookupServiceReference(SwitchYardProducer.java:178) [switchyard-component-camel-switchyard-1.1.1-p5-redhat-1.jar:1.1.1-p5-redhat-1]

So I have to deduce then that how I am referencing the swithcyard endpoint from Drools is incorrect, so I try other forms:

$facadeMessage.setDestination("switchyard://MAPSOutboundService/SMM_STAT");
$facadeMessage.setDestination("switchyard://MAPSOutboundService.SMM_STAT");
$facadeMessage.setDestination("switchyard://MAPSOutboundService/@SMM_STAT");
$facadeMessage.setDestination("switchyard://MAPSOutboundService:SMM_STAT");

Actually what I found that that when using switchyard://MAPSOutboundService/SMM_STAT, I would get a JMS publish to MCI_CTL topic, which is listed FIRST in the list of Gateway bindings.

So I said to myself, "Self... what if these other bindings are not registered". So I use the admin web gui, and look at switchyard subsystem, open up reference MAPSOutboundService, then details and PRESTO! There are my defined Gateways! So they are indeed in the system and registered.

Even used a ModelControllerClient implementation to pull the switchyard subsystem directly, here is what I got:

{"name" => "{urn:org.switchyard.quickstarts.rules.camel.cbr:1.0}MAPSOutboundBindingService","application" => "{urn:org.switchyard.quickstarts.rules.camel.cbr:1.0}wst-facade","interface" => "org.switchyard.quickstarts.rules.camel.cbr.common.service.ProcessMessageService","promotedReference" => "RoutingService/MAPSOutboundBindingService","gateways" => [{"name" => "TS1_MAPS_SMM_STAT","type" => "jms","configuration" => "<jms:binding.jms xmlns:jms=\"urn:switchyard-component-camel-jms:config:1.1\" name=\"TS1_MAPS_SMM_STAT\">
    <jms:contextMapper includes=\".*\"/>
    <jms:messageComposer class=\"org.switchyard.quickstarts.rules.camel.cbr.block1.maps.data.composer.MAPSComposer\"/>
    <jms:topic>SMM_STAT</jms:topic>
</jms:binding.jms>","state" => "STARTED"},{"name" => "MCI_CTL","type" => "jms","configuration" => "<jms:binding.jms xmlns:jms=\"urn:switchyard-component-camel-jms:config:1.1\" name=\"TS1_MAPS_BK_CTL\">
    <jms:messageComposer class=\"org.switchyard.quickstarts.rules.camel.cbr.block1.maps.data.composer.MAPSComposer\"/>
    <jms:topic>MCI_CTL</jms:topic>
</jms:binding.jms>","state" => "STARTED"},{"name" => "SMM_STAT","type" => "jms","configuration" => "<jms:binding.jms xmlns:jms=\"urn:switchyard-component-camel-jms:config:1.1\" name=\"TS1_MAPS_VLF_CTL\">
    <jms:topic>VLF_CTL</jms:topic>
</jms:binding.jms>","state" => "STARTED"}}

With all that said... it seems like this is a proper use of assigning multiple gateway bindings to a reference service. But I have no clue how to access the Bindings?!?!? Any ideas?!

Responses