Need Perl download link for cumulative Net::SFTP and NET::SSH so that all rpm dependencies are included

Latest response

Need Perl download link for cumulative Net::SFTP and NET::SSH so that all rpm dependencies are included.
Linux ut07295 2.6.32-504.1.3.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Oct 31 11:37:10 EDT 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Thank you.

Responses

Judging by the kernel version posted I am assuming you are RHEL 6.x.

What rpm are you using that is requesting these dependencies? Where was the rpm downloaded from?

Are you installing using yum or rpm? do you have a local Satellite server?

These aren't standard RHEL 6 packages but NET::SSH looks to be available on EPEL
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/perl-Net-SSH.html

In general, there'll be three ways to satisfy Perl dependencies:
* Look for the package in the RHN/Satellite server your system is subscribed to
* Look for the package in a well-maintained third-party RPM repository (EPEL being about the most reliable/well-maintained)
* Go old school and use the Perl CPAN tools (perl -MCPAN -e shell) to download and install the target bundles (that can't be found in RHN or EPEL) and resolve any dependencies

Using CPAN can cause issues, however: as CPAN's dependency-resolution can install bundles that are also maintained within one of the RPM repos (RHN or EPEL): if you later use one of the RPM-sources, the collisions with Perl bundles installed outside of the RPM context can be a pain in the rear to resolve.

Rpm is perl-Net-SSH-0.09-3.el6.noarch.rpm using rpmfind.net.
Using thr rpm command.
No Satellite server.
I will try the dl.fedoraproject.org site.

Be aware that, when using rpmfind.net, you can end up creating similar dependency problems for yourself that using CPAN can create.

Installed the perl-Net::SSH-0.09-3.el6.noarch.rpm and there were no problems.
When I tried to install perl-Net-SFTP-0.10-1.el6.rf.noarch.rpm, I have these dependency failures:
error: Failed dependencies:
perl(Net::SSH::Perl) >= 1.24 is needed by perl-Net-SFTP-0.10-1.el6.rf.noarch
perl(Net::SSH::Perl::Buffer) is needed by perl-Net-SFTP-0.10-1.el6.rf.noarch
perl(Net::SSH::Perl::Constants) is needed by perl-Net-SFTP-0.10-1.el6.rf.noarch
perl(Net::SSH::Perl::Util) is needed by perl-Net-SFTP-0.10-1.el6.rf.noarch
Need to check other repository, unless a site recommendation is given.

In general, EPEL is meant to be used as a yum repository, not an indvidual HTTP-GET repository. Enable EPEL as a yum repo and you'll avoid the dependecy failures.

I will second this advice (configure the EPEL repo). If you do not want to have that repo used all the time, you can configure it to be disabled, then use --enablerepo to install the specific packages you need.

sed -i -e 's/enabled=1/enabled=0/g' /etc/yum.repos.d/epel*.repo
yum --enablerepo=epel install perl-Net-SSH

Also - I just noticed in your output you have el6.rf packages listed - including those packages from one of the "other" repos can cause dependency issues later - hopefully, you can get all the packages you need from EPEL.