yum: package does not match intended download

Latest response

I have installed RedHat Linux Server 7 on a x86_64 machine.
After the installation completed, I tried to install some updates and in particular openssl-libs but I get the following error:

yum upgrade openssl-libs

Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, subscription-manager
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package openssl-libs.x86_64 1:1.0.1e-34.el7 will be updated
--> Processing Dependency: openssl-libs(x86-64) = 1:1.0.1e-34.el7 for package: 1:openssl-1.0.1e-34.el7.x86_64
---> Package openssl-libs.x86_64 1:1.0.1e-34.el7_0.6 will be an update
--> Running transaction check
---> Package openssl.x86_64 1:1.0.1e-34.el7 will be updated
---> Package openssl.x86_64 1:1.0.1e-34.el7_0.6 will be an update
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=======================================================================================================================

Package Arch Version Repository Size

Updating:
openssl-libs x86_64 1:1.0.1e-34.el7_0.6 rhel-7-server-rpms 941 k
Updating for dependencies:
openssl x86_64 1:1.0.1e-34.el7_0.6 rhel-7-server-rpms 706 k

Transaction Summary

Upgrade 1 Package (+1 Dependent package)

Total size: 1.6 M
Total download size: 941 k
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
No Presto metadata available for rhel-7-server-rpms
openssl-libs-1.0.1e-34.el7_0.6 FAILED ] 20 kB/s | 83 kB 00:00:41 ETA
https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/x86_64/os/Packages/openssl-libs-1.0.1e-34.el7_0.6.x86_64.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download. Suggestion: run yum --enablerepo=rhel-7-server-rpms clean metadata
Trying other mirror.

Error downloading packages:
1:openssl-libs-1.0.1e-34.el7_0.6.x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I have tried to run yum --enablerepo=rhel-7-server-rpms clean metadata as suggested but I still get the same error.
I don't use Satellite.

Responses

This seems like an issue with repo at the CDN. Which will likely resolve itself (once the repomd is recreated).

I would open a ticket/case to make sure they are aware and can engage the right folks.

I did the following:

# yum clean all

and tried again a little later and now everything works fine.

great - thanks for posting an update!

Posting Tip:
To post output from a command, use 3 x tilde's at the beginning and end of the post
~~~
post here
~~~

doesnt work

please provide solid engineering response with action steps.

Hi Gokhan,

This is an issue that sometimes occurs ... in addition to yum clean all execute rm -r /var/cache/yum.
In most of the cases this solves the problem ... if not, wait some time and repeat these two commands again. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi Joseph, the dot (.) ... what do you want to ask or tell me ? :)

Does not help, have completed yum clean all and rm -r /var/cache/yum and waited for hours and retried to the nth degree...

Require action steps with engineering fix.

Please try the solution suggested here (and by Christian above): https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1357043

This solution does not resolve the problem in my case using connected satellite 6.4 and publishing a new CV with metadata recreate forced. I assume it needs to be resolved upstream on CDN before it will resolve on our satellite.

libvirt-libs-4.5.0-10.el7_6.3. FAILED                                                                        ]  0.0 B/s |    0 B  --:--:-- ETA
https://xxxxx.xxxx.xxx/pulp/repos/XXXXXX_ORG/Library/Red_Hat_7Server/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/x86_64/os/Packages/l/libvirt-libs-4.5.0-10.el7_6.3.x86_64.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download. Suggestion: run yum --enablerepo=rhel-7-server-rpms clean metadata
Trying other mirror.

Somtimes this means your satellite has a bad rpm it downloaded from the CDN.

Run these commands to validate/synchronize the content on satellite:

# Get the repo id
hammer repository list --organization "yourOrgName"
# validate/resync the repo
hammer repository synchronize --validate-contents=true --id=affectedRepoID