Satellite 6 katello-installer elasticsearch fails to start

Latest response

I am attempting to perform a fresh install of Satellite 6 on a RHEL 6.6 system following the instructions provided at Red Hat Satellite Installation

I began the install using the subscription-manager, so far so good at this point. Then I move on to Configuring Red Hat Satellite Manually

I run the katello-installer and I am hanging-up on the step where it attempts to start elasticsearch. I receive this error on STDERR:

Could not start Service[elasticsearch]: Execution of '/usr/share/katello-installer/modules/service_wait/bin/service-wait elasticsearch start' returned 5: Starting elasticsearch: [  OK  ]
 /Stage[main]/Elasticsearch::Service/Service[elasticsearch]/ensure: change from stopped to running failed: Could not start Service[elasticsearch]: Execution of '/usr/share/katello-installer/modules/service_wait/bin/service-wait elasticsearch start' returned 5: Starting elasticsearch: [  OK  ]
 /Stage[main]/Elasticsearch::Service/Service[elasticsearch]: Failed to call refresh: Could not restart Service[elasticsearch]: Execution of '/usr/share/katello-installer/modules/service_wait/bin/service-wait elasticsearch restart' returned 5: Stopping elasticsearch: [  OK  ]
 /Stage[main]/Elasticsearch::Service/Service[elasticsearch]: Could not restart Service[elasticsearch]: Execution of '/usr/share/katello-installer/modules/service_wait/bin/service-wait elasticsearch restart' returned 5: Stopping elasticsearch: [  OK  ]

I am attaching the log snippet from /var/log/katello-installer/katello-installer.log that contains the elasticsearch errors.

Doing some initial digging around I found this Knowledgebase article: katello-installer fails starting elasticsearch and tomcat6 if IPv6 is not configured properly I disabled IPv6 on the system prior to running the katello-installer using Red Hat's documentation. I ran through the suggestions in this article, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. However I'm still getting the same elastic search start-up errors.

I haven't been able to find any additional references regarding this problem.

Any advice/assistance you have would be great.

Thank you.

Attachments

Responses