RHEV-M network bonding

Latest response

Hi,

I recently setup ovirt with 4 nodes and two interfaces each... but as I am testing this for use with CloudForms, I have now moved on to RHEV. RHEV-M 3.4. I have setup the 4 nodes using RHEV-H ISO. I have added all the hosts, but then when I try to create the bonded network onto a VLAN using trunked ports doesn't work. This worked fine with ovirt. I used the GUI and dragged the rhevm network, which I created a new cluster and enabled vlan on the network and set my vlan... but it seems to only be able to use one interface. One seems to be used for communication and I cannot use it on the rhevm network...

I get the error message if I use the one that is currently being used to communicate with the host that it loses communication with the peer. If I try to do it all in one go and add both interfaces, to the rhevm network that the interface is already in use. My memory is pretty bad, but I'm pretty sure this worked fine (I did it on all four nodes) under ovirt. Not sure if I could have forgotten something, but this was something I was quite impressed with on ovirt - all I had to do was configure a single interface and set the VLAN on it on the hypervisor itself and connect it to the manager, and then I could configure the bonding by just dragging and dropping the interfaces and networks - but I have tried on several nodes now and the same thing always happens. Any idea what I might be forgetting or doing wrong?

Thanks
Bill

Responses