Oct 13, 2021
*-including-unpatched-*OVAL files now include a list of resolutions for each affected component for all unfixed CVEs. The resolutions match those listed on the CVE page and are one of: Affected, Under investigation, Will not fix, Out of support scope, and Fix deferred. CVEs that do not affect a particular product and component continue to be listed in
vulnerabilitydefinitions within the
OVAL v2 files are now served with a correct content type:
Aug 26, 2021
Security Data files are now available from the access.redhat.com domain (e.g. /oval/v2/RHEL8). Index pages are no longer rendered using Apache HTTPD but are generated for each directory using fancy-index as inspiration.
- Advisories use container image names (e.g.
openshift4/network-tools-rhel8:v4.7.0-202105071917.p0) instead of build NVR (e.g.
<FullProductName>elements that specify components.
- The https://www.redhat.com/security/data/metrics/ page was moved to https://access.redhat.com/security/data/. Sample days-of-risk reports are now available on separate HTML pages only.
April 26, 2021
cveelements in the
advisorynode now use product-specific security impact when available (normally used when impact on product is lower than general impact of the vulnerability itself).
April 20, 2021
- Add a check for Red Hat CoreOS 4 to all RHEL-8 OVAL files. This enables use of RHEL 8 OVAL files to test Red Hat CoreOS installations.
February 2, 2021
advisoryelement to use correct security impact on per-product basis in
*-including-unpatched-*OVAL files. This impact should match respective product CVE impact shown on CVE pages.
- Provide corrected list of
affected_cpe_listfor each advisory in fixed OVAL files. This is mostly important for extended update support releases which combine content from earlier releases and used to have incorrect list of CPEs included.
January 19, 2021
<bugzilla>elements in the
<advisory>node now include only Bugzilla bug IDs related to CVEs addressed in the related advisory.
cveelements in the
advisorynode now specify a full CWE chain instead of individual whitespace-separated CWE IDs.
*-debuginfo-*packages are now excluded from
*-including-unpatched-*OVAL files (they are already excluded from all other OVAL files).
- Kernel live patching kpatch advisories are included in OVAL files. Some caveats for OVAL scanning and kpatch are documented in Customer Portal.
December 9, 2020
This is an initial changelog summarizing changes for the past year.
- OVAL tests for
kernel-rtpackages are corrected for some corner cases.
- Additional unfixed OVAL streams for several products are now available.
- In select cases, more granular information is available for impacted binary packages (usually excluding packages such as kernel-headers from OVAL tests).
- CVRF documents are now available for advisories released before 2010.
- CPE identifiers are now present in
- Container images are now partially supported in CVRF documents.
- Addition of repository-to-cpe.json file which can be used to help identify OVAL streams to use for scanning.
- Order cpe-dictionary.xml alphabetically.
- CVE pages with incorrect impact caused by impact changing to none after initial investigation are now fixed.
- Core OS packages are now listed in affected packages on CVE pages.