- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.2
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.4
- Need more information on what the guest agent is in a RHEV environment
- How do I install the guest agent for a RHEV VM?
- What does the RHEV guest agent provide?
The RHEV guest agent is a package that provides additional features and reporting mechanisms for a VM within RHEV.
The guest agent is available for both RHEL and Windows guests.
- In both guest operating systems, the agent provides additional reporting metrics back to the manager to be displayed in the admin portal; such as the IP address(es).
The guest agent will also send screen lock requests to the guest OS when a user logs out of the VM over SPICE
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Guests
The RHEL guest agent is available from the
rhevm-guest-agent-commonpackage in the
Red Hat Enterprise Virt Agentchannel.
Installing this agent will apply the
virtual-guesttuned profile to get better overall performance out of the guest
- You are still able to remove this profile or load your own tuned profile if you would like
The guest agent installer is included in the RHEVToolsSetup ISO provided with RHEV-M.
If the Automatic Provisioning Tool has been installed on the Windows guest (APT is also included in the RHEVToolsSetup ISO), then when a newer version of the tools ISO is attached to the VM, the updates will automatically be installed. This includes driver updates.
- Red Hat Virtualization
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.