- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.4
Setting up a dedicated network for VM migrations in RHEV and want to know if this network needs to be a Layer 3 network
Can I use a Layer 2 network for a dedicated VM migration network?
- The migration network must be a Layer 3 network
- Additionally, the bridge device created for the logical network must have an IP address, though the physical device the bridge is attached to does not.
- The RHEV engine uses IP for all communications, including VM migrations between hypervisors
- Red Hat Virtualization
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.