- How to query the current BIOS boot device order using ipmi ?
- Using IPMI, the boot device can be changed using :
# ipmitool chassis bootdev bootdev <device> [clear-cmos=yes|no] bootdev <device> [options=help,...] none : Do not change boot device order pxe : Force PXE boot disk : Force boot from default Hard-drive safe : Force boot from default Hard-drive, request Safe Mode diag : Force boot from Diagnostic Partition cdrom : Force boot from CD/DVD bios : Force boot into BIOS Setup floppy: Force boot from Floppy/primary removable media
- But, how does one find the current boot order?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- IPMI enabled hardware
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.