- Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 6
- yum update exits with following error:
Running rpm_check_debug ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve: libwbclient.so.0()(64bit) is needed by cifs-utils-4.8.1-19.el6.x86_64 ** Found 1 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows: cifs-utils-4.8.1-18.el6.x86_64 has missing requires of libwbclient.so.0()(64bit) Your transaction was saved, rerun it with: yum load-transaction /tmp/yum_save_tx-2013-12-06-07-04qWyUvg.yumtx
- Remove the package that have missing dependencies.
rpm -e cifs-utils-4.8.1-18.el6.x86_64
- Install it using yum to satisfy dependencies:
yum install cifs-utils
- The package having dependency issue was likely installed using RPM with --nodeps parameter
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.