- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6
- Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6 on a HP DL380 G7 and the following error appears halting the installation,
Error mounting device vg00/root as /: Invalid argument
- This most likely means this partition has not been formatted.
- Why does the installation of RHEL5.6 Fail with message "Error mounting device vg00/root as /:" ?
- If the server is connected to any Fiber Channel Connection, then remove them all and start the installation.
- The system was connected with Fiber Channel connections which was causing conflicts.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.