- RHEL 7.0 Beta.
- Anaconda versions lower than 19.31.51-1.
- Anaconda runs geolocation even when inst.geoloc=0 is specified on the kernel command line.
- This can make the instalation take even 5 more minutes while running the gelocation code.
- Add 'nogeoloc' command line argument as a workaround until anaconda fix is released.
- This issue has been fixed in anaconda versions higher than 19.31.51-1.
- Anaconda was not properly using the argument as documented, causing delays because of the function not being properly disabled.
cat /proc/cmdlinefrom anaconda shell to ensure that it contains the
inst.geoloc=0 ip=192.168.2.2 dns=192.168.2.1 netmask=255.255.255.0
- Check anaconda log:
15:14:27,503 DEBUG anaconda: Thread AnaInstallThread is running 15:14:27,504 DEBUG anaconda: Thread AnaGeolocationRefreshThread is running 15:14:27,505 DEBUG anaconda: Waiting for thread AnaGeolocationRefreshThread to exit 15:18:51,505 DEBUG anaconda: Geoloc: URLError for Fedora GeoIP API lookup: <urlopen error timed out> 15:18:51,508 INFO anaconda: Geolocation lookup finished in 269.2 seconds 15:18:51,509 INFO anaconda: no results
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.