How to configure HTTP/HTTPS proxy settings to Satellite and Capsule for ansible to use when running on these servers
- Red Hat Satellite running an Ansible playbook or Ansible role against the Satellite server itself.
- Red Hat Satellite running an Ansible playbook or Ansible role against a Capsule server.
- HTTP or HTTPS proxy is needed for the Satellite or Capsule server to reach a URL.
- The Ansible playbook or Ansible role is failing when running on the Satellite server or Capsule server because of missing HTTP or HTTPS proxy server environment variables.
- Global HTTP proxy settings defined on the Satellite web interface do not apply to Ansible playbooks and roles running on the Satellite server itself or any of the Capsules.
- Red Hat Satellite 6.x.
- Ansible playbook or role running against a target that is either the Satellite server itself or a Capsule server.
- The target requires an HTTP or HTTPS proxy in order to connect to an outside URL in the Ansible playbook or role.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.