- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9
- Red Hat entitlements are passed from a subscribed Red Hat host as a secrets mount (defined in /usr/share/containers/mounts.conf) on the host running podman/the container engine:
$ cat /usr/share/containers/mounts.conf /usr/share/rhel/secrets:/run/secrets
yum, dnf, and microdnf commands know to look for entitlement data at this path. If it's not present, then they cannot use Red Hat entitled content such as the RHV repositories because they lack the keys/content access the host has.
Please note that this is applicable only for Red Hat shipped/provided docker and podman on a RHEL host. If podman/docker not shipped by Red Hat is used, then some additional steps are required to be performed to pass the subscription data to non Red Hat provided docker/podman.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64
- Learn more
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.