- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0
- Cannot connect to any Windows system via RDP using the Remote Desktop Viewer available in RHEL 7. The Viewer screen flickers and goes back to initial window.
- There is a known issue with RDP plugins for
vinagre, which has been addressed by ERRATA RHBA-2015-0448
vinagrefor rdp connections.
xfreerdpis a X11 Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client which is part of the FreeRDP project.
xfreerdpclient in RHEL7 install following packages:
# yum install freerdp.x86_64 freerdp-libs.x86_64 freerdp-plugins.x86_64
To connect to any windows system use:
# /usr/bin/xfreerdp -0 -u <username> -p <password> <server>:<rdp port>
# /usr/bin/xfreerdp -0 -u <username> -p <password> <server>:3389
-0 option is used to attach to the admin console of server.
Vinagreis a remote desktop viewer for the GNOME desktop. It supports many protocols using a plugins system.
- Any specific error message on screen while establishing the connection ?
- Reproducer steps ?
- What all options are selected on
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.