Mail sent via mailx/mail command not delivered at recipient mailbox.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9
- Email not delivered at recipient mailbox after successfully sending from mailx/mail command.
- Mail not delivered at destination with error code "554 Blocked" in telnet response..
Check the SMTP server's response by connecting to the SMTP server using
Contact SMTP server vendor to check the ACL or allowed networks if the client system's network is
enabled or not.
Expected result :
[root@rhel1 ~]# telnet 192.168.100.101 25 Trying 192.168.100.101... Connected to 192.168.100.101. Escape character is '^]'. 220 miux0a-abc.example.com ESMTP mya-m01334238
Actual Result :
[root@rhel2 ~]# telnet 192.168.100.102 25 Trying 192.168.100.102... Connected to 192.168.100.102. Escape character is '^]'. 554 Blocked - see https://check.example.com/?ip=192.168.100.102
- If you’ve received a 554 error message, you’ve been blocked from emailing because your email server is not properly identifying itself when connecting to the servers. This identification process is known as Reverse DNS.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.