- When RHEL6 clients are connected to our NetApp filer via NFSv4, we see eventually/sporadically see the following errors repeating in
Jan 12 09:08:56 xxxx kernel: NFS: v4 server netapp2 returned a bad sequence-id error! Jan 18 06:04:49 xxxx kernel: NFS: v4 server returned a bad sequence-id error on an unconfirmed sequence ffff880311ebb220!
- Eventually this results in a DOS attack on both the RHEL 6 servers and the NetApp filer, during this time RHEL 5 servers are oddly unaffected.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (NFS client)
- kernels prior to kernel-2.6.32-279.22.1.el6
- NetApp Filer (NFS server)
- running OnTap 8.02.* or earlier
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.