- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 and newer
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 and newer
- System registered using Red Hat Subscription Manager (RHSM)
rhn_check -vcommand fails on system registered using Red Hat Subscription Manager (RHSM):
# rhn_check -v ERROR: unable to read system id
- There is no substitute command, but following command can be used to check the available updates for a system registered using RHSM.
# yum check-update
rhn_checkcommand is used to pick up erratas,package scheduled through RHN Classic portal for system registered under RHN Classic. This command is executed by
rhnsdservice on systems manged through RHN Classic.
- In subscription manager there is no option to schedule package updates through portal . So system managed through Subscription Manager rhsnd service and rhn_check command is not available.
rhn_checkcommand does not work with Red Hat Subscription Manager.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.