- How to configure password synchronization in samba to change system user's password when samba user changes its password ?
- During Samba user's password change by using smbpasswd command, the following error occurs in RHEL6:
$ smbpasswd Old SMB password: New SMB password: Retype new SMB password: SAMR connection to machine NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED failed. Error WAS 127.0.0.1, but LANMAN password changes are disabled
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Samba in security=user mode i.e. using Samba as a stand-alone server
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.