Using one of the load balancing bonding modes, it is perceived that the load balancing is not working properly, observations to that effect can include:
- one interface in the bond appears to carry most of the outgoing or incoming traffic
- the throughput during tests does not match (or approach) number_of_interfaces * interface_speed
- Tried to bond two network cards together, but the speed is as same as the speed of one card.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, 7, 8
- Bonding or teaming (modes 2,4,5,6: balance-xor, lacp(802.3ad), balance-tlb, or balance-alb)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.