- Lenovo W520 Laptop has two GPUs which provide two graphics paths.
- The display can be configured in three ways through system BIOS:
- "Integrated" - uses built-in "Intel Sandy Bridge Integrated Graphics Controller"
- "Discrete" - uses nVidia GPU
- "Optimus" - picks the built-in Intel GPU but allows OS to use nVidia when needed (supported only with Windows 7)
- Installing RHEL6 OS with "Discrete" option selected in system BIOS (i.e. using nVidia GPU), halts the installation process
- Below message is observed on screen at the time of system halt
"udev: starting version 147" message
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Lenovo W520 Laptop
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.