- Lenovo W520 Laptop has two GPUs which provide two graphics paths.
- The display can be configured in three ways through system BIOS:
- "Integrated" - uses built-in "Intel Sandy Bridge Integrated Graphics Controller"
- "Discrete" - uses nVidia GPU
- "Optimus" - picks the built-in Intel GPU but allows OS to use nVidia when needed (supported only with Windows 7)
- Installing RHEL6 OS with "Discrete" option selected in system BIOS (i.e. using nVidia GPU), halts the installation process
- Below message is observed on screen at the time of system halt
"udev: starting version 147" message
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Lenovo W520 Laptop
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.