- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, the
sssdservice automatically shutdowns with following error messages:
2014-02-22T06:24:43.749218-05:00 server1 sssd[nss]: Shutting down 2014-02-22T06:24:43.749317-05:00 server1 sssd[pam]: Shutting down 2014-02-22T06:24:50.770650-05:00 server1 sssd[be[LDAP]]: Shutting down
sssd pacakge as per sssd-1.5.1-70.el5 or higher.
- If machine is under heavy load,
sssd_beprocess might not reconnect cleanly because there is no delay between the reconnection retries. Also the DBus sockets might not be ready yet.
- If enumeration is enabled in
sssd, the problem occurs when all the users and groups are being saved to the cache.
- The cache store takes a long time during which the sssd_be process is blocked and does not respond to "ping" from the main sssd process which results in the sssd_be process being killed.
- Check whether enumeration is enabled with option '
enumerate = true' in
- Check the load on the server while
sssdprocess shut down.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.