After upgrade from Satellite 5.4 to 5.6, getting tracebacks from registration.virt_notify "current transaction is aborted"
- Problems with Satellite after upgrade from 5.4 to 5.6
- Red Hat Satellite v 5.4.1 Oracle embedded DB on the same host in a KVM machine.
- Updated to Satellite v 5.6.0
- Migrated the database to Postgresql via provided and supported means.
- After the update, activation of the system by rhn- satellite-activate failed because the "virtualization_host " and "virtualization_host_platform " now had less entitlements in the certificate.
- Attempts to rectify resulted in partially removed virtualization_host_platform and virtualization_host entitlements from some machines with others getting a "500 internal error" .
- Removal of problematic hosts and re-registering allowed activation of the Satellite.
- Continuing to see tracebacks similar to the following:
Exception reported from satellite.fqdn Time: Thu Nov 21 03:24:02 2013 Exception type <class 'spacewalk.server.rhnSQL.sql_base.SQLSchemaError'> Exception while handling function registration.virt_notify Request object information: URI: /XMLRPC Remote Host: remotehost.fqdn Server Name: satellite.fqdn:443 Headers passed in: Accept-Encoding: identity CONTENT_LENGTH: 3997 CONTENT_TYPE: text/xml DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/html GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1 HTTPS: 1 ... Extra information about this error: SQL Error generated: (99999, 'ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block', '', InternalError('current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block\n',))
- Repolling of guest entitlements may throw the following traceback:
[Sun Mar 16 06:24:02 2014] [error] Spacewalk 20130 2014/03/16 06:24:02 +13:00: ('Error adding entitlement: (99999, \\'ERROR: LIMIT must not be negative\\', \\'CONTEXT: SQL statement "UPDATE rhnServerChannel sc set is_fve = \\\\\\'Y\\\\\\' where sc.server_id in ( select vi.virtual_system_id from rhnServerFveCapable sfc inner join rhnVirtualInstance vi on vi.virtual_system_id = sfc.server_id where vi.host_system_id = $1 and sfc.channel_family_id = $2 order by vi.modified desc limit $3 )"\\\\nPL/pgSQL function "repoll_virt_guest_entitlements" line 1
- Red Hat Satellite 5.6 upgraded from 5.4 or 5.5, with Embedded Postgres database migrated from Oracle
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.