- Openshift Container Platform
- Red Hat Openshift Service Mesh
- How to change log level for
istio-proxywithin a deployment?
- Need to enable verbose logging for
istio-proxyfor troubleshooting purposes.
istio-proxylog level in your
deploymentby adding the
# oc edit deployment $<DEPLOYMENT_NAME> ...omitted template: metadata: annotations: "sidecar.istio.io/logLevel": debug # level can be: trace, debug, info, warning, error, critical, off
The pod will restart after changing the
For debugging reasons, sometimes the log level needs to be adjusted to verbose
- After change the log level use the following command to check the
# oc logs $<POD_NAME> -c istio-proxy
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.