Fails to log in to IdM WebUI with certificate/smartcard
- IdM server has been configured for smart card authentication1
- Certificate has also been added to an user2
- Attempting to login to WebUI using smart card3. After clicking
Log In Using Certificate,
Authentication with personal certificate failederror message is displayed on browser.
Corresponding log message for the HTTP request is found in
<...> "GET /ipa/session/login_x509 HTTP/1.1" 403 258
Error messages with the same timestamp have also been recorded in
[ssl:error] [pid <...>] [client www.xxx.yyy.zzz:39626] AH: verify client post handshake, referer: https://idm.example.com/ipa/ui/ [ssl:error] [pid <...>] [client www.xxx.yyy.zzz:39626] AH10158: cannot perform post-handshake authentication, referer: https://idm.example.com/ipa/ui/ [ssl:error] [pid <...>] SSL Library Error: error:14268117:SSL routines:SSL_verify_client_post_handshake:extension not received
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.2 or newer
- Red Hat Identity Management (IdM) / FreeIPA
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.