Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Network
Red Hat Satellite
- Lock Status under
RHN Classic, what is the meaning of this?
- What will happen when someone lock subscribed system or leave it unlocked?
- What does changing my system from Locked to Unlocked, or vice-versa, change?
Lock Status: System is unlocked (Lock system)
- Actions cannot be scheduled for locked systems through the web interface until the lock is removed manually.
- This does not include preventing auto-errata updates scheduled through the web interface.
- Locking a system can help to prevent you from accidentally making any changes to a system until you are ready to do so.
For example, the system may be a production system that you do not wish to receive updates or new packages until you decide to unlock it.
More information can be found in the Red Hat Network Reference Guide, located at:
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.