- chrony tries to reach a directly-connected client out the incorrect interface
- With a network setup like so:
10.0.0.2/24with default gateway
A client in the "net1" subnet uses the "net0" IP address as NTP server, so the traffic comes in "net0" interface. Chrony tries to contact the client out the "net0" interface via ARP, which fails, because the client is directly connected on the "net1" interface.
- I have a NTP server running with chronyd in a multihome machine with RHEL 8.3. NTP service is listening in both machine interfaces, but makes wrong ARP Request to reach a client.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- chronyd providing NTP Server
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.