- When using Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Red Hat OpenShift, and utilizing a container solution such as
cri-othat is using the
overlayfsdriver to store container images and container data, when attempting to copy everything from the
graphRootdirectory (by default located at
cri-o) the backup size is much larger than the tools within
dockerreport the combined size of container images and container data.
- Why when I perform copies of this
graphRootdirectory is data duplicated, or much larger than the size reported by the tools that are using this directory?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Red Hat OpenShift 3
- Red Hat OpenShift 4
- Podman, Docker, or CRI-O using the
overlaygraph driver for storage
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.