- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, 6, 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Open Stack Platform 3
- Red Hat Enterprise Open Stack Platform 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Open Stack Platform 5
- Is the DVI graphics port that is included with some models of the nVidia Tesla and other GPU card supported under Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Open Stack Platform?
- Are GPU computing cards (like the NVIDIA Tesla series) relevant for the Red Hat hardware certification? Is their functionality tested and part of the certification?
- While an included DVI port may work with the VESA driver shipped with RHEL and RHELOSP Compute, there is no guarantee that it will work. Vendors often provide the Tesla or other GPU card for its GPU processing capability. The DVI port in many cases is viewed as "incidental" or unintentional. In cases where vendors have provided alternate, supported video devices, Red Hat does not require the DVI port on these cards to be functional for certification purposes.
- These GPU computing cards are not relevant for Red Hat hardware certification.
- More information on the supportability of the nVidia Tesla cards may be found in the following knowledge base article: What driver is needed to use the nVIDIA GPU Computing Processors with Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.