Intermittent load balancing stickyness failure in Apache with AJP protocol
- Session stickiness sometimes fails when using
mod_clusterto connect Apache and JBoss with AJP protocol. Stickiness failure will be automatically recovered after a while.
- Some JBoss instances appear to be removed from the proxy backend workers even though there is no failure and error in JBoss instances.
- After JBoss EAP receives an AJP request, the TCP connection is closed without returning any AJP response.
- Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTPD Server (JBCS Apache)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- 7.3.4 or earlier for CVE-2020-27782 (if a request contains an invalid query parameter)
- 7.4.6 or earlier for CVE-2022-2053 (if a request exceeds max-post-size)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.