- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Does boom entry support
snapshotfor multiple logical volumes?
- Can we take boom snapshots of /var if /var is
not underroot and then later rollback if needed?
- Boom has the functionality to take snapshots of
single rootLV. At this moment, it doesn't have an option to create boom entry for multiple logical volumes.
- When /var or /usr is separate or other logical volumes which are required to have snapshot together then one cannot create a single boom entry to boot from that snapshot.
- Boom works only when all the file systems are
Multi-volume snapshotsare a boom feature that will be available in the future when the work for
snapshot-managerwill be merged into
Red Hat Enterprise Linuxbut there is no known ETA at this point in time. BZ#1794460 is already in the open state for multi-volume snapshots.
- Logical volumes can be verified using
[root@vm254-46 ~]# lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 0 8G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:1 0 1G 0 part /boot └─sda2 8:2 0 7G 0 part ├─rhel-root 253:0 0 6.2G 0 lvm / └─rhel-swap 253:1 0 820M 0 lvm [SWAP] sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom [root@vm254-46 ~]# lvs LV VG Attr LSize Pool Origin Data% Meta% Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert root rhel -wi-ao---- <6.20g swap rhel -wi-ao---- 820.00m [root@vm254-46 ~]#
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.