- We are trying to build a backup and restore solution based on taking live snapshot of running instance. The following command is used:
nova image-create --poll <instance_name> <snapshot_image_name>
so this will create image in glance. Based on earlier discussion in a different case, the glance image is going to be created to Ceph pool called images.
- With this solution we have the following questions:
1) Can we choose different Ceph pool "backup pool as example" when creating the image rather than go to Image pool?
2) Can we move images between Ceph pools?
3) Can we pull image from ceph pool to external server? We are planing to send these images to external server directly from the ceph storage, also if its possible to import the image back to ceph when required.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13.0 (RHOSP)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.