- When using device-mapper-multipath, the devices appear in three different places. Which device should I use for creating Physical Volumes for the Volume Groups and Logical Volumes?
/dev/dm-xnames are getting changed after reboot,
dm-xdevice names are not remaining persistent across system reboots.
- Need to change default path of a multipath device. I am using multipath and it looks like the default is to create the device under
/dev/mapper/mpath#. Then there's a symlink created under /dev/mpath#. I would like to change the default so that the device is created as /dev/mpath# and NOT a symlink?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.