- When using device-mapper-multipath, the devices appear in three different places. Which device should I use for creating Physical Volumes for the Volume Groups and Logical Volumes?
/dev/dm-x names are getting changed after reboot,
dm-x device names are not remaining persistent across system reboots.
- Need to change default path of a multipath device. I am using multipath and it looks like the default is to create the device under
/dev/mapper/mpath#. Then there's a symlink created under /dev/mpath#. I would like to change the default so that the device is created as /dev/mpath# and NOT a symlink?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6