- While doing a file system check using
'e2fsck', it complains as follows :
bash-3.2# e2fsck /dev/mapper/vg_name-lv_name e2fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006) The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 66584576 blocks The physical size of the device is 65798144 blocks Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt! Abort<y>? yes
The size of the file system does not match the size of the device.
e2fsckfails to read block numbers after the specific size and aborts.
Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes Error reading block <block-number> (Invalid argument) while getting next inode from scan. Ignore error? no Error while scanning inodes <inode-number>: Can't read next inode e2fsck: aborted
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7