When standard output of telnet command is sent to tee command via pipe and many output occurs, tee command hangs with the message 'tee: standard output: Resource temporarily unavailable' outputted. This issue occurred at our customer's site.
How reproducible: It always occurs if many messages are outputted.
Steps to Reproduce:
Run the following command and login.
# telnet localhost | tee /tmp/tee.log
Output a very large file with cat command.
# cat /var/log/messages
- Actual results: tee command hangs after 'tee: standard output: Resource temporarily unavailable' is outputted.
Expected results: It works without errors.
- If ssh instead of telnet is specified then it does not occur.
- It occurred in RHEL6, too.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.