OpenShift Container Platform
Some cluster and application configurations for Openshift container Platform [OCP] may require the use of a sidecar. For example for logging to an external vendor using a vendor supplied binary or container.
The cluster logging Elasticsearch instance is optimized and tested for short term storage of approximately seven days.
- It has a retention period of 7 days which can not be altered or configured for specific projects;
- It has a maximum storage capacity of 600Gb for logs which can not be increased;
- There is no way to monitor the amount of disk / pv usage;
- It can not be used to stream (or store and forward) logs to a more robust logging system;
- Access to the Elasticsearch API's is restricted to accessing log data for the projects or namespaces you have access to. Administrative access, to proactively manage the log usage for projects and similar tasks, is blocked.
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated [OSD]
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform [OCP]
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.