- OpenShift 4 installation fails on RHV using IPI installation format reporting the failure while getting the worker machines.
[root@master-node]# oc get nodes NAME STATUS ROLES AGE VERSION ocp001s-xxxxx-master-0 Ready master 41h v1.18.3+b74c5ed ocp001s-xxxxx-master-1 Ready master 41h v1.18.3+b74c5ed ocp001s-xxxxx-master-2 Ready master 41h v1.18.3+b74c5ed
- The installation fails on getting the following operators up and running as there are not worker nodes in the cluster.
NAME VERSION AVAILABLE PROGRESSING DEGRADED SINCE console 4.5.3 Unknown True False 51m ingress unknown False True True 54m monitoring False True True 49m
- The install-config.yaml is configured with 3 replicas for worker nodes but still, the worker nodes are not visible.
- The logs of the machine-controller container in the machine-api-controller pods report error as
connection timed out.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.