- On OpenShift with hard cpu limits we noticed java applications were not be allowed to use their entire quota. This particularly affected massively threaded applications. For example if you assign 1 cpu to an application, it only ever maxed out at using .1 cpu while also hitting throttling the entire time it was running. This results in having to massively over-provision applications thereby wasting resources on the nodes.
- CFS quotas can lead to unnecessary throttling
- Is Red Hat affected by https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/67577 ?
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) 3 and 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 and 8
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.