- Multiple integer overflows leading to heap-based buffer overflows were found in the libdmx, an X.Org X11 DMX (Distributed Multihead X) runtime library.
- When a X client is connected to a malicious X server, (modified to return invalid values), it can cause arbirary code execution with the privileges of the user running the X client.
- Affected functions: DMXGetScreenAttributes(), DMXGetWindowAttributes(), DMXGetInputAttributes()
- This also occurs in RHEL 6.4 This shows up up as a BZ Bug ID 959074 (CVE-2013-1992)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 / 6.4
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.