After upgrading to Satellite 5.6, postmaster process uses 100% of CPU due to taskomatic errata processing
- after the upgrade the system has been under heavy load and often unresponsive to basic system requests (ssh login, sudo, ls, less)
- postmaster (PostgreSQL) process utilizes 100% of CPU:
PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND 9745 postgres 25 0 580m 233m 188m R 100.0 0.7 1342:21 postmaster
- If we turn off the taskomatic service, then the PostgreSQL CPU usage and Satellite performance returns to normal. However doing so means errata processing/patching cannot occur, so this isn't a desirable solution.
- Red Hat Satellite 5.6 (upgraded from 5.5)
- embedded Postgres database
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.