- The service (named.service or named-chroot.service) cannot start after updating bind packages.
- The service started before updating the package. (9.9.4)
- The messages log shows the following errors.
Jul 2 11:37:44 dns001 bash: /etc/named.conf:12: dnssec-lookaside 'auto' is no longer supported Jul 2 11:37:44 dns001 bash: /etc/named.conf:34: option 'allow-update' is not allowed in 'slave' zone 'example.com'
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- bind 9.11.4 updating from 9.9.4
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.