- RHV VM performance dropped after updating NVIDIA drivers and rebooting the host.
- Following NVIDIA instructions on how to install the GPU drivers, driver installation succeed, but after reboot nvidia-smi failed to load on the hypervisor due to missing drivers:
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it could not communicate with the NVIDIA driver.
Make sure that the lastest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.
- Red Hat Virtualization (RHV) 4.3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server VERSION="7.8 (Maipo)" Hosts
- Kernel 3.10.0-1127.8.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu May 7 19:30:37 EDT 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
- nVidia GRID 10.2 GA driver
- Tesla M60
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.