- We’re having a very strange issue with one of our services for third-party application. Our production servers run RHEL5.3, and are not affected by this issue. However, our test servers run RHEL5.8 and the service seems to crash for no known reason. We have full debug level logging on and it just appears to die for no reason. It’s a java process for this application, so everything happens inside that java process and we don’t have much more detail.
- The one key item is that this java process uses port 54066 for control commands.
- One thing we wondered is if there is something in RHEL5.8 that also tries to use that port?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8
- Java Package provided with the third-party application 1.6.0_05
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.