- Ceph taking up OpenStack subscriptions while deploying overcloud
- During node registration with Satellite the nodes are registered before any packages are installed on the nodes.
At registration of the overcloud nodes the nodes only have RHEL packages installed. If you used overcloud-minimal image for your Ceph nodes the only packages installed at registration time are RHEL and both OSP and Ceph subscriptions can satisfy these packages. If a Ceph node consumes an OSP subscription then perhaps one of the OSP nodes will have to consume a Ceph subscription, which is not optimal.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform (OSP) 13
- Red Hat Ceph Storage (Ceph) 3
- Red Hat Satellite (Satellite) 6.6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.