- The user is having the required permissions; However, accessing the file results in permission denied.
[user2@hostname ~] $ id uid=1200001230(user2) gid=185419(group2) groups=185419(group2),185058(group1) [user2@hostname ~] $ ls -l /home/drrepo/prod/Source_Files/IPX/tdw -rwxrwx--- 1 user1 group1 5 Feb 5 11:28 /home/drrepo/prod/Source_Files/IPX/tdw [user2@hostname ~] $ cat /home/drrepo/prod/Source_Files/IPX/tdw cat: /home/drrepo/prod/Source_Files/IPX/tdw: Permission denied
- Here, user2 is trying to open tdw file which has rwx access to users and groups.
- The file is owned by user1 and group1
- user2 is a member of group1.
- The file is in a nfs-share where the nfs-server vendor is EMC Isilon.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- EMC Isilon
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.