- The overcloud-controller-2 reports low disk space. We tried to collect the sosreport but disk usage increased, and following error appeared in
Jan 20 03:14:01 overcloud-controller-2 logrotate: ALERT exited abnormally with 
- It looks like logrotation is no longer working and disk space is never released:
[root@overcloud-controller-2 log]# du -sh * | grep G 11G ceph 57G cinder 3.7G cluster 15G httpd 4.1G journal 26G keystone 170G messages <<< 65G neutron <<< 16G nova 1.9G pcsd 78G rabbitmq <<< 1.8G secure 6.2G swift
- We confirmed the logrotate is enabled:
[root@overcloud-controller-2 log]# ps -ef | egrep "logrotate|crond" root 4505 1 0 2018 ? 00:25:38 /usr/sbin/crond -n root 930425 893730 0 23:16 pts/0 00:00:00 grep -E --color=auto logrotate|crond
- We freed up the disk space usage for now, but we would like to confirm why the logrotate process stopped working.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (RHOSP)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.