- How do I open a GUI application on remote system without maintaining login session to the system?
- Login to remote system with SSH X forwarding
- Start any GUI application in background
- Logout from SSH session, the GUI application gets closed
$ ssh -X user@host <--connect to the server
$ /path/to/application/binary & <-- Start GUI application in background
$ exit <---exit the shell
<---the shell in hang state and does not return the login prompt of parent
Ctrl+C <---the shell finally exits, but the process stops
- How can I make the process start, using the machine's own X-server, so I can start the process remotely.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.